Join the family of Silver Age Yoga teachers specializing in chair & mat yoga classes for the fast growing 50+ population.
If you teach seniors yoga, you need to understand how to modify basic asanas so your students can practice yoga safely. Silver Age Yoga offers a unique certification program which will improve your skills for teaching older adults. This home study course provides 25 non-contact CEU’s for teachers registered with Yoga Alliance and covers chair, standing, and floor poses as well as postures for your most fit students.
The Silver Age Yoga Online Certification course was co-developed and meticulously researched by expert yoga instructors and doctors from the Stein Institute for Research on Aging. Unlike modified “gentle” yoga courses, our course is designed from beginning-to-end to address the needs of all seniors.
Connecting with students and creating a sense of community is more important now than ever! Historically, SAYCO, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization located in San Diego County, has had more requests for teachers specializing in senior yoga than we could fill. If you’ve ever had a calling to improve the lives of our seniors through yoga, now is the time!
Silver Age Yoga Teacher Certification Study Materials:
- Printed study book detailing senior health issues and how Silver Age Yoga addresses them.
- 89 Silver Age Yoga asanas with benefits and precautions indicated, including a model class description.
- Bonus Section: Yoga for Senior Athletes and detailed anatomy book.
- Exclusive DVD: Yoga in the Silver Years – watch Serpil execute the 89 Silver Age Yoga asanas as Frank talks her through them.
- Exclusive DVD: Silver Age Yoga I and II.
How Long Will it Take to Become a Certified Instructor?
Is There a Time Limit for the Program?
The time limit to pass the final exam to become a Silver Age Yoga Certified Instructor is one year from the date of registration. For teachers who have difficulty with the quizzes, assistance is provided at no additional cost.
Does Silver Age Yoga offer Continuing Education Units?
Yes! Our program qualifies for 25 non-contact CEUs upon successful completion of our program which are recognized and accepted by Yoga Alliance and other yoga organizations.
What else can I do with the training?
Based in San Diego County, SAYCO has more requests for our certified instructors than we have instructors to teach. For this reason, we encourage you to connect with the SAYCO office upon your graduation for our assistance. You will find that the SAYCO community of teachers is a family of very kind, knowledgeable and supportive yoga instructors. We wish you success as you begin your course and as you begin to share this amazing gift with the seniors of your community!
Silver Age Yoga Teacher Certification Business Toolkit:
- Silver Age Yoga Quick Start Checklist.
- Silver Age Yoga Media Kit:
- Sample Press Release
- Sample Public Service Announcement
- Instructions for maximizing exposure within the community
- In-Depth and Customizable PowerPoint Presentation detailing the benefits of Silver Age Yoga
- Extensive Documentation: (in various electronic formats)
- Sample Advertisements
- Sample Donation Forms
- Adopt-a-Center Documentation
- Fundraising Guidelines
- Quarterly Attendance Sheet
- Release Forms
- Much more!
Online Certification Tuition:
The tuition of the program is $595 which includes all study materials, online quizzes and exams as well as online support should you need it.
Current students click here to reach the course area.